Sea moss in the ocean naturally comes in a variety of colors. Once it is harvested and sun dried the impact of sunlight actually 'bleaches' the color to gold. In order to preserve its natural hue it has to be handled differently so that the color is retained.
Green sea moss gets its color from flavonoids called anthocyanins and chlorophyll The chlorophyll and flavonoids in green sea moss help to detoxify the liver, as well as increase hemoglobin in the blood. Green sea moss is often wild harvested along the coasts of the Caribbean.This type of sea moss often has a stronger smell (it smells like the ocean) and taste when compared to other colors.
Green Sea Moss is high in Chlorophyll, which is widely known as the "life force" of plants and is what gives plants their natural green color. Chlorophyll is an all natural body deodorizer and detoxifier. It is also great for healing the skin and reducing bacterial growth in wounds. Green Sea Moss is more rare to find and dried in a dark room to avoid losing it's unique color and benefits.
Along with all of the basic benefits for sea moss they are all the same no matter the color. But the ones that retain the color has some additional benefits that you typically get for example with colored veggies such as phytonutrients and anthocyanins.
Sea Moss Benefits:
- Assists with Fungal, Bacterial, and Viral infections
- Packed with essential vitamins and minerals
- Acts as a Decongestant by Dissolving Mucus
- Immune Booster
- Maintaining Mental and Physical Health with a Rich Source of Dietary Fiber
- Reduce Inflammation and Thyroid-Related Issues
- Relieves Joint, Skin, and Muscle Pain
- Great for Expecting and New Mothers
- Acts as an Appetite Suppressant Aiding in Weight Loss
- Rich in amino acids, alginic and fatty acids
- Add it to smoothies, teas or juices
- Natural moisturizer for hair and skin
Sea Moss, commonly referred to as Irish Moss in the Caribbean is one of the most powerful super-foods in the Ocean. Apart from its powerful anti-inflammatory effects, this algae is a natural healer and packed with vitamins and minerals the body craves for better physical and emotion health.
This whole food is packed with high levels of vitamins A, C, E, and K, as well as sulfur, calcium, magnesium, potassium, zinc, folate, iodine, and choline. It contains 92 of the 102 minerals our bodies need.
Our sea moss is harvested sustainably, collected from fishermen directly and processed under the supervision of the Saint Lucian Government's fisheries Division.